You’ve probably heard about Amazon Prime but you might not know about all its benefits. Aside from just having access to Amazon’s free two-day shipping and video library, there are a lot of other great reasons to sign up for Amazon Prime. And now, if you receive food stamps you can get an Amazon Prime Discount.
Benefits of Amazon Prime
- Free two-day shipping on over 50 million items.
- Access to thousands of popular TV show and movies.
- Listen to over 2 million songs.
- Unlimited reading on any device. Read thousands of books, magazines, comics and more.
- Amazon Prime has original audio series from Audible.com.
- With Twitch Prime you’ll get free game content every month and exclusive discounts.
- Unlimited Photo storage.
- 30-minute early access to Lightning Deals.
- Amazon Prime members can read books before they’ve even been released with the Kindle First program.
- If you’re a parent you’ll be interested in Amazon Elements which offers a selection of baby products that meet certain quality standards.
- With Amazon Family, you can get discounts on family-related items and 20% off diaper subscriptions.
Amazon Prime Discount For Food Stamp Recipients
Currently, the Amazon Prime membership is $10.99 a month, which isn’t really that bad. And now if you receive food stamps you can get it for $5.99 a month. Just go to Amazon.com and click “Try Prime” in the upper left-hand corner. Then click on “see more plans”.
Then click on “Do you have a valid EBT card?” and follow the instructions from there to get your Amazon Prime discount. You’ll need a clear picture of your food stamp card so they can verify it.
Amazon Prime Free Trial
If you aren’t sure Amazon Prime is right for you, just sign up for their free 30-day trial. If you want to cancel just make sure to cancel before your free month is up. Canceling is really easy and hassle-free.
Unfortunately, you can’t use your food stamps to pay for your Amazon Prime account. You also can’t use food stamps to buy food from Amazon. This is one of the downsides to this program because there are over 45 million people in the United States on food stamps. That’s a lot of money that Amazon is missing out on and a lot of people live in areas that are considered to be “food deserts”, not because there is no food but because there is a severe lack of access to healthy foods. Being able to use food stamps online to order healthier food could help millions of Americans live healthier lives. Maybe someday Amazon will address this issue. But for now the Prime program is still pretty good and it’s nice that poorer people can get access to all the Prime benefits at a discount.
If you liked this article you might also like reading about how I make $100-$200 online every month.